Friday, March 18, 2011

A list

 When you are trash picking, as Billy and I often do you start to notice certain things cropping up again and again. This is my list of things that never need to be produced again. There are plenty of them already in the world. If you are ever in need of one of these items on the list, come by the shop because I will have most of them in stock.

1. Hangers- metal, plastic, and even wood. We probably find fifty a night, too many for us to keep, even with the shop.

2. Rubbermaid tubs- Now, only one in ten of these will usually have the matching lid, but they are still very handy. Do you know how much these cost? It is insane how many are in the garbage.

3. Plastic organizing containers- such as small baskets, boxes, crates, including milk crates ( I think Billy and I have found about twenty five milk crates total).

4. Christmas lights- Holy cow! We had passed up probably fifty strands of these, assuming that they didn't work, but on a whim we grabbed a few one night and every strand worked. We snag them up all the time now.

5. Fake Christmas trees- There is never a need to buy one, they are everywhere. Billy and I could have a whole fake Christmas tree farm. Hmm, good idea.

6. Mugs- I know people might love fancy mugs, but if you don't care what it looks like...wow, you could have thousands.

7. Luggage- old and new models, its everywhere. Suitcases, train cases, carry on bags, messenger bags...it goes on and on.

8. Easter goodies- Baskets, plastic eggs, easter grass...we have passed a lot of this stuff up, because we have no place to store it all 'til the season comes.

9. Plastic Jack-o-Lanterns- You know, the kind you carry candy in with the handle? I think I have seen two hundred in the past year, and I want to bring home every one, but Billy says NOOOOOOOOOOOO.. I will break him down, eventually.

10. Clothespins- I have nightmares about how many clothespins are floating around.

11. Plastic Play Jewelry- Bracelets, Necklaces, Tiaras, fake Earrings, it's all there.

12. Frames- I realize this is a tricky one, since all picture sizes are different, but Billy and I find them in all sizes on a regular basis from huge poster size to a 4x6.

13. Gift Bags- Oh my lord, gift bags! I was in a store  the other day and saw a small gift bag going for four bucks. Insanity!!! I am looking at a display of about fifteen of these suckers in our shop right now.  People buying this stuff new blows my mind!

Sorry, this was such a word heavy post, I just get real revved up about this issue. I will probably add to this list periodically.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I know what you could do with those Christmas trees. You could decorate them and sell them as fully decorated trees. I would love to buy a tree that is already decorated LOL

    Oh and the Jack o Lanterns...I'll take them. I'll have to figure a way to get them but I want them!



    I need to come visit your shop. Its just a long way from down here in Madisonville. *sigh* I'll have to plan a vacation soon. I would love to see what all you have that could benefit me and my business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg laughtastic! you guys are so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete