Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Very Own Traveling Salesman Case!

  This little baby has been my labour of love for the past four days and I'm super stoked to say that it's finished!  I started out with a pretty dingy carry on suitcase, with all kinds of nastiness on the inside.  I immediately saw the potential in it though, since it already had a cool 60's shell. (it was even personalized with a letter B monogram, like for Billy! Too cool!)  I reupholstered the inside with some awesome red pleather that we found in the trash. The stripy fabric on the underside of the inside lid is from an old scarf that I've always liked. And we traded some boots that we found in the trash for the vintage wooden postcard holder at Peddler's Mall. Then I secured everything with some industrial strength Velcro and voila!  I can't wait to take it to our first festival!

3 comments: